CIPOA – VI Iberoamerican Conference on Advanced Oxidation Technologies
The upcoming edition of the Iberoamerican Conference on Advanced Oxidation Technologies, a well-established event, is scheduled to take place in Florianópolis, SC, Brazil, in October 7 – 11th, 2024. The goal of the CIPOA conference is to gather scientists, scholars, and professionals to present their research findings and discuss future directions and opportunities concerning the fundamentals and applications of Advanced Oxidation Technologies in the environmental, chemical, food, energy, and climate sectors, towards a sustainable and carbon-neutral circular economy.
More than 400 participants from all Iberoamerican countries are expected in Florianópolis in 2024. The conference is an excellent opportunity of networking with scientists, industry professionals, government officials, and representative stakeholders from the public community. The meeting is an international discussion forum on breakthrough science and technology themes related to Advanced Oxidation Technologies (AOTs). An outstanding scientific program will present cutting-edge development for AOT's fundamentals and applications. Additionally, CIPOA 2024 will open discussion, exposition, and presentation for large-scale applications and challenges.
The conference topics include:
- AOTs applied to the treatment of contaminated soil,
- AOT applied to air decontamination and prevention of air pollution,
- AOTs applied to water treatment for human consumption and wastewater decontamination,
- AOTs to support relevant interlinkages between Water, Energy, Food, and its Climate and Ecosystem Nexus,
- Photochemical and Non-photochemical AOTs in homogeneous phase (ozonation in alkaline media, O3/HO-; ozonation with hydrogen peroxide, O3/H2O2; Fenton (Fe2+/H2O2 or Fe3+/H2O2); Electro-oxidation; Electro-Fenton; Electrohydraulic discharge – ultrasound; wet air oxidation),
- Photochemical and Non-photochemical AOTs in heterogeneous systems (catalytic ozonation, catalytic wet oxidation; electrocatalysis, etc.),
- Solar fuels and solar-driven AOTs,
- Contactors/photoreactors configurations (bubble columns; tubular photoreactors; membrane photoreactors; micro-photoreactors; solar collectors; etc.),
- Photocatalysis/Electrocatalysis for organic synthesis,
- Modeling and simulation of AOTs,
- Integration of AOTs with biological oxidation, adsorption, membrane separation, etc,
- Process intensification,
- Industrial applications on a large scale.
Belo Horizonte, Brazil